Monday, January 05, 2009

Major Decision

Today, we made a major decision. This will be a little shocking to most of you. Some of you will be very thrilled to hear this. After having had much discussion, thought and prayer we have decided this would be best for our whole family at this point in time. Despite our nervousness of this decision, it will be good for the kids.
We have decided to enroll all 10 children in school.
My heart feels a little heavy with the thoughts of not having the children at home with me during the day. Yet another part of me is relieved and anxious to have a little part of my life back during the day. Hmmmm....go to the gym, paint, sew, scrapbook, play with the younger 3 still at home.......what choices I will have. Everyday will bring a new adventure.....lol.
*~~*~~*~~*~~*
Elijah will be in High School. Zachery, Caleb, and Shannon will be in Middle School. Hannah, Joshua, Isaac, Jacob, Cassidy, and Samuel will be in Elementary School. The kids were all a little upset at first, but over the day they got used to the idea. Now they are all very excited to start. They couldn't talk about it enough tonight. We have already grouped each one up with a partner, so they can watch over each other. All 10 of them will ride the bus to and from school together, even though they will be going to 3 different schools. I am glad of this.....they are strong in numbers...nobody will mess with them.
*~~*~~*~~*~~*
I enrolled them all today, so they will begin next week. And you know what is funny? The Principal told me, that for a while, I will have to drive them to school, and pick them all up after, because the town will have to get a new larger bus. They are not able to pick up 10 more kids.
(I had to laugh!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited for you! You deserve some YOU time. You have given alot to your children over the years. Have some fun.

Traci said...

Wow, that is a major decision! I think everyone will grow from the change. School will help their social skills and even give them opportunities to share the gospel. Then you will have the energy to really focus on individual needs. I'm excited for all of you!

Mike and Kristy said...

IT IS ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME!!!!!

Rayburn Family said...

That is so funny about the bus. They will now have to expand their lunch programs too. :-) And you will be able to reduce yours...that will be nice. They'll do great!

Beth said...

The challenges will just be different.