Monday, January 26, 2009

Elijah's 16th Birthday

Elijah will be 16 years old this week. Wow!!! Time goes by pretty fast. We celebrated his birthday last night since this is a busy week for us (and of course, we wanted Dad to be here!). We are starting a new tradition--yes another one! We have decided that when someone reaches their 16th Birthday, whatever they liked when they were approximately 3 years old, will be the theme for their party. So, for Elijah's birthday, we had a Barney theme.





Elijah wanted Pasta for his Birthday Dinner. I asked him what else, and he said more "More Pasta!". So, I made Italian, Caesar, and Ranch Pasta, but also added in the Pizza. (Caesar ruled!) Of course Elijah only ate the Pasta though. While we ate, we followed through our other tradition of going around the table and saying why we liked the birthday person. Here are the things that were mentioned about Elijah.

Elijah is Super -d- Duper because:

  • Joshua-He is fun to play with, and go exploring with
  • Hannah-He is really fun, and a good tickler.
  • Shannon-He is a great older brother, someone to look up to, fun to play with, and give good piggy-back rides.
  • Samuel-He is nice to me.
  • Caleb-He is fun to play cards & Basketball with. He's a good leader & fun to go on hikes with.
  • Cassidy-He tickles me, and he is cute.
  • Nathan-He gives piggy-back rides somedays to me.
  • Jacob-He pushes us around in the snow, and because he is my brother.
  • Brenna-Cause he gives me rides, even when Mom says No.
  • Zachery-He is funny & fun to play Basketball with, and he's mischievous.
  • Isaac-He messes around with us, and throws us in the snow.
  • Willem-He tickles me, and holds me upside down.
  • Mom-He is strong & capable of doing nearly anything. He is patient and gets along with everyone. He is my good friend.
  • Dad-He has a good sense of humor, and a calm demeanor, and he brings music into the home.

He had a good birthday. He liked the big bag of Jolly Ranchers the most--but hasn't taken off the sweatshirt.......so we are guessing he liked that also. His goal is to look like the guy on the exercise box. (If he does...I will surely be posting that picture in the future......lol) We are so glad to have Elijah in our family......and are sad to think he is only 3 years away from leaving for a mission. Oh, and I have to mention--Elijah was totally a good sport about the Barney theme. The rest of the kids are already planning their 16th birthdays.

3 comments:

Lana said...

I am thinking that Shannon is a little big to be getting piggy back rides from Elijah?!!!
Anyway HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIJAH!! I remember when you were born. It was my birthday and I heard that your mom had gone into the hospital to have you. I kept calling grandma Rollo after every class period to see if you were born. I was so thrilled when you came on my 15th birthday. Now Im just sad everytime you have a birthday- because now I am reminded of how old I am getting! Thanks ALOT!! I hope you had- or have a great day tomorrow. Love ya tons.
Auntie Lana.

Mike and Kristy said...

LOL-- that is eactly what i thought too!!! Happy Birthday Elijah! Sorry to say I don't remember much- it was a long time ago!!! However I do remember that I thought you were the cutest baby ever!!! Until I had my own! :) Love ya! Happy DATING!!!! :)

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Elijah!!!!