Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

I have to admit Halloween isn't my favorite holiday. I totally adore the fall leaves, the scarecrows, apple cider and donuts, hayrides and such. Halloween to me is just a lot of thinking and work. I have been avoiding pulling out the costume bins all week; I knew it would cause chaos in the house. About noon I had all the kids do a quick clean up of the whole house, so at least it started out in order before it all began. About 1:00 I allowed the bins to come out of the attic. I can't even describe the scene to you........13 kids and costumes flying everywhere. What you picture in your mind right now, is exactly how it was!! They had to try them all on, even though they were too small, too big, totally girly, or rather boyish. It took me 4 hours (and I am not even being sarcastic!!) to have everyone settled with something they weren't going to cry about 5 minutes later. The ward had a small party up at church, the kids loved the Haunted House. We decided to head home a little early, so we missed the actual trunk-or-treat. We all decided it would be fun to have a family party at home instead with John tomorrow night, since he had to work tonight. We have done this other years, and the kids have all loved it.

1 comment:

Mike and Kristy said...

Cute-- you put more effort into costumes than I did, and your kids didn't even go trick or treating. Boy I'm lazy!!