Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Day Out

Saturday morning Middie came over fairly early, and took me to spend the day with her. This is the first time I have been away from all the kids and John in 7 months. Pretty strange. I was alright with it until around 2 p.m. and then I was kind of ready to get back to things at the house. It was hard to not think about how things were at home! First thing in the morning we went to an estate auction. I haven't been to one since last year, so it was kind of fun. Not really the best auction ever, but it was interesting to see how much people would pay for things. We came home with only a few things, they were 5 wool blankets for Shannon's, Joshua's, Cassidy's, Nathan's and Brenna's beds during the winter. They are excited about that. Then she took me to lunch--I got to eat out!!! I even got fries, and made fry sauce--mmmmm! After, we went to the mall and found Christmas presents for the girls. They will absolutely love them. Then back to Middie's house to wrap them up. Good news also, Middie is letting me store the Santa gifts at her house--that is a relief because I was wondering where to hide them here with 13 kids around. As soon as I got back home, the power went off. We lit the candles and the oil lamps. John played banjo, and Elijah the piano as we all sat around an listened. The kids love it when the power goes out, they enjoy the bonding time together and realize how much electricity plays a role in their modern lives. All in all, it was a good day. And I am happy to be back home! Oh, and girl's got their new winter coats in the mail today--totally cute! Power was out for 17 hours--Yuck!!

No comments: