Sunday, October 26, 2008

For John on our 17th Wedding Anniversary

What do I love about you?
From you that question came.
Apparently I don't tell you why,
And myself I have to blame.
*
So I feel that I should list,
Some qualities in you that I admire.
And put them down in written form,
To cure your deepest desire.
*
I hope you honestly like this,
Because they are all equally true,
I really want to tell you what,
I honestly love about you.
*
I love you for not only what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. You give me the confidence to do anything I want to do. You appreciate the things I have done, and accomplished. Your encouragement helps me to make it through each day. You never give up on me, and that's what keeps me going. Your love brings out the best in me. You help me to reach my highest potential.
*
I love that you always say what I need to hear. I appreciate that, whatever mood I am in, you can always make me feel better and happier that I was before. Sometimes, even the way you look at me, or just having you by my side is enough to make my heart swell. Your love is patient and kind, and gives me faith and hope. Our love is perfect, even when we are not. You are perfect for me!
*
I love you because you give me the feeling, that the best times are still ahead. We have come to realize that being married can still be fun and exciting, just as when we were dating. This definitely thrills me. I look forward to growing old along with you, and enjoying each others company throughout the years. I honestly think the best is yet to be.
*
When I think of you, my heart is filled with the wonderful feeling of Love. The greatest joy of my life is falling in love with you. I realize that the love I feel for you,in my heart,is the best feeling to have in this whole world. I don't ever want to be without it. My heart is over flowing with love for you.
*
You and me, we're a perfect match! I love that we go so well together. I think we are the perfect couple. We enjoy very much the same things, whether relaxing, or working. And I love how we are able to complete each others thoughts and feelings. I feel that we have the same goals, dreams, and motivations in life. Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.
*
There's only one thing in this world that's worth having--LOVE! You love somebody, and somebody loves you. John, I can promise you,that there is no one else in the world who I would rather be with. There is only you! You mean the WORLD to me. The best thing to hold onto in this world is each other.
*
I love you for the way you treat me. You make me feel like a Princess. I love that you are very gentle and soft with me. I love that you are protective, and watch out for me. I love that you are understanding of my feelings, whether happy or sad. You make me feel that I am very special person. I know that you would do anything in the world for me. You have given me everything that I could ever want or need. And even more.
*
And of course, I love your intelligence, cause you were SMART enough to fall in love with me. You are a very smart man, very much like your dad. I love how you are eager to learn all you can, and apply things in our lives. Falling in love is the beginning of all wisdom, all sympathy, all compassion, all art, all religion, and is the only thing in life worth learning.
*
I love that I can be myself when I am with you. I like that I don't have to try and be someone I am not with you. That I can be myself, and that you will love me anyway. There is comfort, and I feel safe when I am with you. I like that I can tell you anything. That I don't have to weigh my thoughts, or measure my words, but that I can just pour them out to you with no worries. The most fulfilling gift of life itself is to know that we are loved unconditionally.
*
Real loves stories have no ending. My dream.......is to fall in love with you over and over again. To have a fabulous life adventure with you, and no other. It doesn't matter where we go, what we do, or how much we have, I just know I want to be with you. My dream is to be with you for the rest of this life. Even better then gold; the best is to be sweethearts with whom we can grow old with. I dream of continuing our love through out the eternities. I dream of only being with you in our castle above. I dream of the many children we will have together. Of the joy and the tears we will share. Just the two of us. Of the smiles and the laughter we will still share together. I dream of dancing with you forever. Your love is a dream come true for me. Love is the best feeling we can have in this world, and I am happy to have yours. Love will be Love's reward in Heaven.
*
Why do I love you
I love you for so many reasons.
Big and small
And all of them are wonderful.
*
I love you for all the special qualities
That make you one of a kind...
The only one in the world for me.
*
I love you for the things you do,
That bring such special meaning to my life.
I love you for the silent times
When your eyes and arms tell me all I want to know.
*
I love you just because I do!!
*
"You are my beginning and my end, you are my dream and my reality.....
You are the love of my life."

3 comments:

Mike and Kristy said...

Holy LONG post!!! And I thought mine were bad!! Happy Anniversary Guys!!! Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

With the kind of love just read, I know you two had a joyful Anniversary. Theres a clone out their with your characteristics jen, I look forward to her love. Happy Anniversary, Thank you for everything, love BWR...

Mike and Kristy said...

Thats a mouth full!!!!!!!!