Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Sigh of Relief

Still a little chilly out today; snow slightly covering the ground. I think the slightest bit of sun would melt it all away. We started up the fires again, we will most likely keep them burning now till spring. It is a nice cozy feeling to have them up going. The kids enjoy pulling out the board games, or sinking down into the comfy couch with a good book about this time of year. We made it through another day of school. I even had Isaac and Joshua teach a lesson of History, Health, and Science to the younger kids today. They enjoyed this very much, especially teaching about bees, and why it is not a good idea to step on them. So the little kids have explained and told me to no longer kill the bees. Hmmm......we will see what they think of this idea next time there is a wasp in their bedroom. I am thinking they will have a change of heart. This afternoon I met with the counselors which whom Shannon, Joshusa, Cassidy and Nathan will be seeing. It was such a relief to have this finally happen, after trying and searching for the right ones for 6 months. They will be great for them.......they were so nice, and dealt with me just fine!! I explained to them just basic information about the kids, and what they are like and enjoy. It was a relief to also have them back up and affirm the observations we have seen. All in all, it is a huge stress off my mind. I feel a little more carefree. We now have the attorney to deal with the legal things, and the counselors to deal with the emotional things. And I can finally focus all my efforts back onto raising, guiding, teaching and caring for all the kids. No more worries--all is good! As dad would say "Happy Days!"

2 comments:

Traci said...

I can't even begin to imagine how you are dealing with all this stress. I'm so glad today was a good day and that you felt some relief and comfort! Yeah!

Mike and Kristy said...

Yup!!! :)