Thursday, November 06, 2008

Running on Empty

Thank goodness it is nearly Friday. I am so anxious for the weekend to be here. John will be home this Friday night, and I am ready for his back-up support. It has been a wild week, chalked full of appointments and activities. We have had 2 dentist appointments, 2 doctor appointments, boy scouts, cub scouts, young women's activity, 3 counseling appointments, had our pigs butchered, our sheep sheared, square dancing lessons, grocery shopping, and shoe shopping. And if there was anything else in between this, I have completely forgotten about it. This is just what I can remember off the top of my head. That's not including the daily cleaning, bathing, cooking, farm animals, and schooling. Thank goodness the youth combined activity was canceled due to expected rain; I am completely exhausted. People are always asking how I do it all. To tell you the truth, I don't think I do it all. Each night I am completely worn out, and am so happy to get in my bed. Each morning I silently think, "Here we go again!" Such terrible thoughts. I love all that I am able to do with the kids, and accomplish, but I very often wish I could do more, and had more energy. And then there is my poor van. It has about had it. Not only is it running on empty, but it's also now making quite a few new sounds. I am a little concerned worried about this. Right now, my van is so very important with all that is going on. Next week also brings the same: 4 doctor appointments, 2 orthodontist appointments, 4 counseling appointments, square dancing lessons, youth fireside, boy scouts, young women's activity, Sierra's birthday party, Merit badge college, Caleb's birthday, 1st real Square Dance, school, and all the rest of everyday life. So I am needing to refuel not only the van, but myself this weekend, with John's help, and prepare myself for another wild week ahead. Let it be known--I wouldn't have things any other way though!!

3 comments:

Traci said...

Dang cute new background! Love it!

Mike and Kristy said...

I posted on my blog just for you!! I love you!!!

Stephanie Pilling said...

And I thought I was a busy mom! More power to you! I don't know how you do it! And I agree, being a mom might be tough, but I wouldn't have it any other way either!