Saturday, November 29, 2008

Jacob's Baptism

Today was Jacob's long awaited baptism. We are so proud of him. Jacob is now a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and proud of it. He anxiously awaited his gift of his very own set of scriptures all day. Jacob choose to sing his favorite songs of "I am a Child of God" and "I Love to see the Temple". He asked Isaac to talk about Baptism, and Sister Burkholder to talk about the Holy Ghost. Opening and closing prayers were give by brother Ross, and Joshua. Sister Cochran sang and played her guitar for Jacob, singing his favorite song once again of "I am a Child of God". It was beautiful.....I had tears in my eyes, as I looked around at all the children sitting around me. Realizing and pondering how each one is a special Child of God. John's and my responsibility right now, is to teach and guide them in order for them to return His presence. What an awesome task. I pray we are able to do this right. It was a beautiful baptism and confirmation. We had lots of friends attend in support of Jacob and his decision. He is still beaming ear to ear about the whole day. What a memory for him!

3 comments:

Lana said...

Congrats Jake the Snake!! We are very happy for you. We love you so much. You will be so happy if you continue to do what is right and make good choices throughout your life.
Love Uncle Mark, Aunt Lana and the kids!!

Traci said...

Congratulations Jacob! Keep those scriptures safe!

Stephanie Pilling said...

Congratulations Jacob--you made the right choice to be baptized! :)