Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day

Proud of our Thanksgiving table set for 15.


Even our Orange Rolls turned out!


The day started out with John gettin' called in first thing this morning to do an Ultrasound in the operating room. Kind of a bumber, because he wasn't here to help. But hey, double pay!!! So me, Shannon, and Hannah sent the rest of the clan upstairs for the morning, then later outside for the afternoon. We spent the morning and early afternoon cooking, baking, mixing, etc. We had turkey, stuffing, yams, mashed potatoes & gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, homemade stuffing, orange rolls, beans, corn, cottage cheese jello salad, olives, spiced pumpkin mousse trifle, apple pie and ice cream. The girls put together cute little turkey cups with nuts and mints (a memory from my mom), and also corn rolls filled with little treats inside. Everything looked perfect, and the girl's were extremely happy with their results. The actual eating took about 30 min. Not much compared to the preparation, nor the clean-up after. But it all tasted wonderful. We were just happy to be altogether--or should I say thankful. After everyone sat around and we watched Rudolf the Red-Nose Reindeer. Sorry there aren't more pictures, the camera battery died.

5 comments:

Traci said...

Looks awesome and I'm even more impressed that you blogged it Thanksgiving day...you're an animal! I love it! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

WOW! How fun and What a wonderful memory you created for them, thank you jenny. Hey Shannon, I saw your earring in the picture above, I'm still excited for you and still smiling, love dad...

Mike and Kristy said...

Ok-- I have not read the posts yet-- but the orange rolls sure got my attention-- can I just say- YUM!!!!

Beth said...

Your table looked beautiful. Rolls looked yummy too!

Stephanie Pilling said...

So Jenny, do you ever sleep?? You're totally Martha Stewart times ten! I can't believe all you do with 13 kids running around! And BTW, love the music on your blog. We've been listening to it as background music all morning! :)