Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Quirky Habits Tag

I was tagged, as it is called, by my new friend Traci.

Here is the TAG...List 6 quirky habits that you have... tag 6 quirky friends & link the person who tagged you. Traci's blog is listed on the side of my blog page...check it out!

I have been thinking all night and day about this. I wish I had some really good and quirky thing I do, but I am afraid I am pretty normal and simply boring.

1. Ever since high school, I have been paranoid about someone messing my hair up. Do NOT touch the hair. Pretty silly because all I do is pull it up, it can't be messed up. And I will NOT go out in public or let my husband see me without my make up on or hair not done. Never have, that would be so embarrassing. And I always have to have my lipstick!!! I have like about 20. In the car, purse, jacket, coat, diaper bag, night table, bathroom, kitchen cupboard, in each car, etc. They are everywhere!!!

2. I absolutely love to pull teeth out. The kids run and hide when they find out that I know about their loose tooth. I like to get my fingernail and plop the tooth right out. I don't know why that is exciting to me.

3. I was happy to notice that there are quite a few people that have the same quirk as I do about popping things, like zits. I am absolutely terrible. I do it to my husband, and my boys. I don't understand it. It just looks like something that needs done, so I do it.

4. When I go to sleep, I have to have my pillows all around me (my husband hates this, the pillow that goes in between us he has officially named George now), my Indian blanket that I have had since I was little, and the fan HAS to be on for the noise. I have to lay on my stomach, slide down to the bottom of the bed, and hang from my shins down, off the bottom. That is really pathetic, now that I read it. But it is the way it HAS to be, or else I can't fall asleep!

5. I have a serious problem with sweets. I think we got it from my dad. When we were little, he would always have candy. We would give us a couple pieces out of each bag, but hardly any. So now that I am an adult.....that has turned into me. If I happen to buy a treat.....well OK, I can't only buy one treat.......I have to buy a few. I always have good intentions of sharing it with all the kids........but it never happens. I end up eating them all by myself. And worst part is, it is always gone the first day, sometimes even the first hour. I am so bad. The one good thing is that it definitely isn't chocolate......don't like the stuff!! This doesn't happen that often......maybe every couple of months. I am working on it.

6. Alright my boys said that I have to have everything with burgundy in it. It is true!! My kitchen is burgundy trim and burgundy apples, bathroom is burgundy, dining room, burgundy table cloth, with burgundy accents, house doors and shutters are burgundy, family room has burgundy accents and rug, living room has a burgundy rug and accents. OK, maybe it is overkill......every room in my house has burgundy. It has to all match and blend together doesn't it???!!!

OK.........I tag Lana, Kristy, Mike, John, Mark, and Beth (from Denver). I noticed you check in once in a while. I hope you don't mind.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'll have to whittle down all my quirky habits to 6 and then post soon.

Unknown said...

I am Beth Malm's mother...I enjoyed your blog. You have permission to view mine. I mostly report on grandchildren. Mary McGinnis