Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mud Season


Most of you know that we have 5 season here in New England. (Winter, Winter, Mud Season, Spring, Fall. ) Well ok, maybe not really like that.......although it seems that way. Oh, I can't forget Black Fly Season!!! That is coming up next--Can't Wait!!!! (NOT!) At the moment, we are nearing the end of Mud Season. We haven't been able to drive our van up the hill for a couple of weeks now. It is just too muddy. I have to put these pictures on here for my dad. My dad has this little driveway, which he likes to rake the ruts out of. Which makes me laugh when I look at our 1.5 mile driveway everyday. 1.5 miles of mud and 6-12 inch ruts. Completely yuck, and we have to walk it everyday. And there is no way that I am about to rake them out! The pictures don't do it justice--it is worse then it looks!

I tried to avoid the ruts by going to the side a little. The side gave out, and the van slid down getting me stuck in the mud. Hey, not to bad though.....I only got stuck in the snow on the road twice this winter, and once now in the mud. A good record for me!