Monday, April 13, 2009

Brenna is Three

Brena Marie turned 3 years old this weekend. She is getting so big lately. She is loosing her toddler look, and turning into a cute little girl. It is amazing to watch her learn and do things on her own. She is definately a fun and outgoing little girl. She comes up with some pretty cute comments here lately.

We celebrated her birthday with a orange-lime jello cake with sprinkles on top since she likes to pick off the spinkles and eat them one by one. Brenna got hugs from everyone, and received a book all about babies, a baby bottle sucker, a mini-lunch bag full of little baby food for her favorite baby she got from Santa. Since Brenna can't wait to go to the big water and go swimming, we got her a swimsuit with the matching swimsuit for her little baby. They are so cute!!! And best of all, Hannah was so nice, and gave Brenna her Stroller and Carseat so received a couple years ago (and hardly used) for her baby. Brenna was extremely excited about this, and let out a "HEY!!!" She spent the next day pusing it around the house. When it get warmer, she looks forward to taking her baby for a walk. Brenna stayed up for a short while, and we payed dress-up, fed, burped, and rocked her baby. She will be a good mom one day.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I was friends with Mandy back in elementary and have recently reconnected with her on FB. I didn't know she had 5 kids and I have no idea what the situation is or why they are here with you. I just looked at her blog for the first time today and then, naturally, ended up here. But, I have been unable to pull myself away from your blog for like an hour! Now, you have me in tears for some reason. I am just so . . . I don't know . . . amazed? Inspired? Overwhelmed? Really, all thirteen of those kids just look so happy and beautiful and I can't even imagine how on earth you do it. I have five little ones and will likely have more, but now, when I feel like my plate is full, I will just have to come to your blog to realize someonw else has it even busier. But, really, they just all appear to be such great kids and you guys seem to just be doing so many wonderful things and finding ways to make everyone feel special and have fun and even seem organized enough to have chores done and bedtimes. I hope hope I can somehow manage even a few more as amazingly as you seem to manage 13!!

P.S. I so relate to the uncertainty of sending kids back to school. My oldest are only 8 and 7, but we've homeschooled and they are now in public school for awhile anyway. I felt so pained at letting them go, but I feel like at least I have this good homeschool experience that I am confident in and can continue to fall back on when/if I feel it is right for different kids at different times.