Wednesday, February 04, 2009

There's Something in Our House

I spent the better part of yesterday convincing Miss Brenna to put her sock on, or better yet, to KEEP her sock on, since I had put them on her over a dozen times. (The girl just likes to be barefoot!) Towards the afternoon, I had given up on trying to convince her.
~~
Just before I was to go pick ups the kids from school, I hopped in the shower. Brenna was hanging out in our gigantic bathroom, playing cars on the round braided rug. Next I hear a shriek and a little bit of banging .
"Momma, Momma, there's something in our house!"
"It needs to get out of here!"
"It's going to kill me!"
"But it can't get me."
I looked out of the shower, and sure enough she was up on the stool (that explained the banging)....she was not about to get off that stool either! I asked her what it was that she saw.
"It was a tiny cute mouse."
"It ran in the kitchen."
"I better hurry and get my socks on, so it don't eat my toes."
And that was all it took. she grabbed more socks, and had them on in literally 10 seconds. She kept them on the rest of the day. Soooooo, this morning, I told her to put her socks on, so the mouse won't nibble on her toes. Her socks have remained on all morning so far. Who knew it was that easy.

1 comment:

Mike and Kristy said...

LOL-- problem solved with the socks, time to get rid of the mice! EWWWWWW-- remember the nest in the corner of the ceiling in the yellow room?! Nibble nibble!!! :)