Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Latest Hobby

Tis' my favorite time of the year again. Time to check out all the seed catalogs, order seeds, and start them growing. I started my 42 tomato plants, 12 cauliflower, and 72 onions, herbs, and flowers last week. Some have started to come up. I love gardening!! Aren't these little baby tomatoes just so cute?!? This is my handy dandy plant stand that my sweet husband built me last year to make my life easier with starting indoor plants. He love me!! :) His new addition this year was a pulley system that moves the lights up and down. Just to the perfect growing level of my little plants. I absolutely love them. And the best thing about it is..........there are two!!! They are great at holding all my indoor and outdoor plants for the winter (also Grandma Middies), it gives them artificial sun to keep them happy.

Gonna mention also for those who are wanting to do gardens this year. There is a wonderful site I found that lets you plot your garden out, with cute little vegetable graphics. Thy are color coded, so you know what you can plant by what, and they automatically space out to proper amount. All you have to do is add the dimensions of your garden, and plop in your vegetable. Totally awesome!! We plotted our 6 gardens, the orchard, and the herb garden for this year.
www.growveg.com


1 comment:

Stephanie Pilling said...

You're indoor garden is so beautiful! Nothing is more rewarding then making something grow up from the ground. And do you seriously have 6 gardens? Wow! I'm impressed--thats a lot of work!