Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Little Garbage Man

With all the older 10 kids in school now, I have had to recruit a new crew to help me with the inside jobs. Actually I could do it by myself...but I have found out that if I get Nathan, Willem, and Brenna to help me, and stay with me.......there doesn't turn out to be a mess in the other room. Helping me around the house makes them feel so big and special......so it works for all of us. Nathan's favorite job is to Vacuum, Willem likes to change to shake out the table cloth and put out a new one. Brenna always wants to sweep. It's a good thing we have 2 brooms, I let her attempt at it, hoping she doesn't whack a lamp down or something as she seems to swing the other end of the broom around a lot. They all love to sort out the clothes, and put them in the kid's rooms. We are a good little team together.
Yesterday I asked Willem to pull the garbage bags out of the cans and put new sacks in. I didn't expect him to really be able to handle it. When he was done he came hopping to me, and says "Momma, I did it all by myself." I replied, "Good job Willem, you are such a big boy now." He then got the biggest eyes I have ever seen on him, and he says with a big grin "Ooohhhh, am I big enough for a pocket knife now?"
*~*~*
I thought that was pretty funny. He is only 4. Yet he knows when you are big, you get to carry a pocket knife like the older 4 boys. This only happens in our house when you are 11 years old, and you go through your scout knife safety class. I now know what all my little boys are looking forward to.

No comments: