Monday, December 08, 2008

What are we eating?

The kids ask 3 times a day......"What are we going to eat now?" People have been asking about what we fix the kids to eat, or what and how we cook for this many people. To tell the truth, I keep it simple. I fix what I know the kids will eat for sure, something that is rather quick, and very cost efficient. But all in all, meals are healthy and get the kids' tummies full. This morning, I looked at all those bowels on the table for breakfast in awe. I thought...not many people have the chance to make 15 meals, 3 times a day. So, here's the visual.
Today's breakfast was Honeycomb cereal. Breakfasts around here, rotates between scrambled eggs & ham, oatmeal, pancakes and cold cereal. We eat altogether at every meal times. We usually do pancakes on Saturday, but rarely ever toast. The time the last person gets their food, the first person's is cold, and it is very time consuming. Since majority rules in our house..cold cereal is definitely eaten the most.
Today's lunch was Turkey & Cheese Sandwich, chips, and a banana. Lunches are either meat & cheese or peanut butter with homemade jam sandwiches, roll-ups, mac & cheese, hot dogs, or fish sticks. Along with chips, and a fruit. Kid's mostly prefer Peanut butter and jam, but I try to sneak in something else before they have a chance to decide.
Tonight's dinner was Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, and mixed fruit. Dinners consist of a variety of things. My favorite time to be a mom...........because I get to decide what we eat that night. Sometimes we have Spaghetti or other pasta of some shape or form, taco's, hamburg, rice, pizza, etc. Dinners always have a vegetable (usually salad), a fruit, and a bread. I love to cook in the crock pot also.....start it in the morning, smell it all day, then it is ready in the evening with no more thought! And best of all, dinner is followed by dessert, made by the younger cooks of the house.

I would love to invite you all over.......but let it be known that there are NEVER leftovers in our house. Me and John are lucky to get a small plate!

4 comments:

Traci said...

Incredible! Way to go girl!

Beth said...

I have to use paper plates at least one meal or I'll have dishes on the counter for breakfast the next day. You cook for twice as many people but I too believe simple is the best policy. Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie Pilling said...

Wow--you really do feed an army there!

Perla said...

i just found your blog because somehow mandy found mine and commented on it. also, my sister nancy just commented to you. i, too, am completely in awe of you and inspired. i'm sure that is not your objective but i am just so impressed and this makes me just want to pray for you and your family. amazing.