Friday, December 12, 2008

It was Bound to Happen Sooner or Later

Well, it finally happened.....after a week of sledding, someone finally got hurt. I have been telling these kids all week, to "slow down", "don't sled on the side of the hill with the trees", "one at a time", etc. I think now they will take me a little more seriously. They all must think they are invincible or something!!! The older kids went out today after their schooling was done. About 15 minutes later, Elijah carries Isaac into the house crying and holding his ear. "It's bleeding." he says. Sure enough, once I moved his hand, blood ran everywhere. It took a good 5 minutes to control the bleeding. I decided I had better not try the super glue this time, so I snapped this picture, and took him into the hospital.
We were in the ER for about only an hour. They washed it up, numbed his ear with topical stuff, and used some Durabond to hold the laceration together. Too funny......I could have just done it myself.....but I was in doubt. Below is what it looks like now. It is really black and blue. Other then that, it looks really good.
I am happy it wasn't serious. But I am also a little glad that someone was hurt. Now the kids will maybe listen to me, and realize that what I am telling them to do, is for their own benefit, and not because I am being mean. Hopefully they will all be a little more careful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.