Saturday, September 27, 2008

Nice Fall Day for Gettin' Firewood

Today turned out to be a wonderful warm, but cloudy fall day. We were supposed to be getting the outskirt rains from hurricane Kyle, but it didn't come till after we got in the house tonight. So we took advantage, and spent the day outside getting ready for winter. We put plastic up around the base of the house, insulated the north wall in the crawl space, took a huge trailer load to the dump, and some how managed to bring in 2 cords of wood. The kids all worked hard and got plenty dirty. They all work well together, especially with their assembly line to get the wood stacks into the trailer--it goes pretty fast with 10 kids working. The little kids sat and watched the production. Bring on the snow!!!! We are prepared! See below how we did.

3 comments:

Mike and Kristy said...

Beautiful picture of the trees. I love the color!! I wish I had trees!! And grass!! And cold weather to snuggle up by a fire!! :( Poor me!! Looks like a fun day!!! Love ya!

Mike and Kristy said...

How do I add a slide show?

Mandy said...

Yeah, Jen - me too! You have got to show me how to do those awesome slide shows! :)