Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Girlfriend- Sally













Last week my friend Sally and my "adopted" mother Betty Cochran (or is it that I am the one adopted in?) Either way, these are two of the greatest people here in New England. They came over to visit with us all, and ended up helping me shell our Jacob Cattle beans that we grew in the garden this year. Sally then had the great idea of coming over today and showing me how to cook up some Vermont Maple baked beans. The beans took all day to cook. So while they were cooking, and because of the rumor of the rumor of snow on Friday, we got all the kids in their great assembly line to stack wood in the garage. Come to find out, on Saturday we had actually brought in 3 cords not 2. So bonus, we are a little ahead of our self. We now have a total of 6 cords---half way there!!! Next we took a little break, and went on a short hike in the upper woods to take a look around at all the kids forts. They have spent the summer in the woods creating little tree stands, huts, swings, etc. It is pretty amazing. Maybe pictures will come another day. Then we went on a hayride up and around the upper field--Elijah drove the tractor of course. We gathered all sorts of leaves to come home and create some creatures with them for an art project. We had a wonderful day with Sally. I love it when Sally comes over--she is totally the best! She is very special to me. She does so much for me; more than she knows. And as for the beans, they turned out wonderful--I will be making them again soon I am sure. I will have to plant more beans next year to keep up with these kids appetites!!

No comments: