Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another Quick Update

Not a whole lot happened last week. Was a very slow week. Well, ok.......not really, but I took it easy, and tried not to stress. (I had a major headache all week) The 6 elementary kids practiced all week at school on their theatre play "The Emperors New Clothes" (western version). Then Friday night they performed it for the first time. It was adorable. Samuel and Cassidy were little sheep, Jacob was in the chorus, Isaac was a student, Hannah and Joshua were townsfolk. They all did an excellent job (no one ran off stage crying or anything......lol). On Saturday, they had to go to school for rehearsals. The good thing is, they got to count it as a make-up snow day. Interesting, huh? Then Saturday afternoon, the performed it again. I went the first night with half the kids, and John went the 2nd night with the other half. (That way we didn't take up the whole auditorium--just kidding!)
Sunday my headache, and anxiety was so bad that we didn't get to church. I was down all day, and John and the kids were stressed and worried. They did a wonderful job of helping around the house, getting meals, and watching out for each other. I am glad of that. Towards evening, John had the bishop come over to give me a blessing. That was nice. I am so glad I have such a caring and helpful husband!
Monday I went to the doctors to find out what is going on with me. He gave me a couple prescriptions. One is for the headache and tension. What a relief--I actually feel pretty good again. Hopefully things will turn around for the better now. I need to be up and going with the family!
Today Isaac got caught up on his immunizations. And then I took the little kids shopping. We had a blast. Got Willem and Nathan a couple outfits for summer. The girls some pants, shirts, and sweaters for next winter. I even got 9 pairs of Carhart snow pants for all the boys for next year. They went through them this year--they are following apart. I figure with the GOOD one, they won't be able to destroy them next winter.
The boys were all excited, and want them now---NO WAY!!
Tomorrow we have a mother/daughter spa night for Young Women's--me and Shannon have been growing our nails for 2 weeks now, so we can paint each others. We can't wait.
Thursday we are having a 1 year Party! Shannon, Joshua, Cassidy, Nathan, and Brenna have been a part of our family for a year now--hard to believe. We all voted for celebrating this occasion. Should be fun also!
Will post more later!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better! I also had to pick up medication for my broken foot... we could have 'Club Med' while the girls are having a Spring Fling Beauty Treatment Party here! I can see us now, with mud packs on our faces & cucumber eyes! Time to sit on the porch & soak up some sun! I want to go shopping for girlie cute mud boots, wanna go?

Rayburn Family said...

I was worried about you guys and am so glad you are feeling better. Nothing is worse than a headache, and then add anxiety on top of that! Ugh. Been there too. Take care of yourself and enjoy your pampering tonight.

Mike and Kristy said...

Oh my gosh- how you manage it all I will never know. You are doing an amazing job- I hope you know how much I look up to you. I just posted that I thought Lana was Super mom- but I think you are too-- I think I am too-- I think all moms are!! No greater call- but there is no greater challange either. I am proud of you for staying and pulling through, although I would have loved to have played for a week! Maybe in the near future. Love you!!!